To clean AZEK® Trim, power wash or hose off any loose dirt or debris. Always test the setting for the power washer to ensure it will not damage the surface of the trim. If the surface does not come clean, use TimberTech® Deck Cleaner™ and a medium nylon bristle brush. Rinse clean with a hose or power washer. Other cleaning methods include a soft cloth with a mixture of mild detergent. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works effectively on pencil or other black marks. Other methods include denatured alcohol and mild household spray cleaners like Simple Green or Krud Kutter Cleaner/Degreaser. When using cleaners other than a mixture of mild detergent and water, it is best to test on a small area, or a scrap piece of AZEK Trim, to make sure it does not harm the surface or damage the product’s appearance. Always read the cleaning product manufacturer’s specific information before using any product on your AZEK Trim and follow their instructions.
WARNING: Keep children and pets away from cleaning products and the Trim until completely dry.
IMPORTANT: Do not use solvent based cleaners as they can harm the finish of AZEK Trim..
Consult with your paint manufacturer for instructions on cleaning AZEK Trim that has already been painted.
- TimberTech Deck Cleaner or Denatured Alcohol work well for spot cleaning and the removal of finger prints
- TimberTech Deck Cleaner or a degreaser and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for heavy scuffs
- Use Acetone or Goof Off with a white cloth rag to smooth/seal field cut edges. Dust/debris can collect in cut edges, smoothing/sealing aids in preventing this
- Always use white cloth towels/rags for cleaning to avoid transfer of pigment onto the trim during cleaning; cotton t-shirt material works well and aids in preventing cloth fibers from the rag sticking to the trim
- Make sure surface is clean prior to painting. Denatured alcohol can be used for surface cleaning and paint prep
- A heat gun can be used to remove/blend most surface dents and scratches